Another way to use activated charcoal coming your way.
Not only can you use activated charcoal to brighten your smile and clean your teeth, you can also use it to get glowing skin with this do it yourself activated charcoal purifying mask.
You will probably have most of the items you need in your kitchen cupboard already, so this is an easy one for you.
This face mask works best for combination, oily and acne prone skin types so we don't recommend using it if you have dry skin.
This face mask will purify your facial pores, pulling out toxins, removing blemishes and enriching the skin with vitamins and minerals while also improving your skin texture.
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon of activated charcoal powder (read our previous blog post on using activated charcoal to brighten your smile here and find out where to buy it)
- 1 tablespoon of bicarb soda
- 1/3 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of boiled water
Option: if you have green or white clay handy you can use that instead of bicarb soda for more beneficial results.
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Add honey, lemon juice and some water
- Mix together until thick consistency
- Apply the mask to recently cleansed skin
- Leave for 10 minutes
- Gently wash your face with warm water to remove the mask and cleanse your skin once more to get rid of any remaining bits of mask